About the Program
PLEASE NOTE: The Heritage Institute courses receive Continuing Education Quarter Credits awarded by Antioch University Seattle at the 400 and 500 levels. Call 800.445.1305 or log onto The Heritage Institute’s website policies page for more information.
- REGISTRATION FORM/Cost & Assignment Summaries
- Cancellation & Liability RELEASE FORM 1
- Heritage RELEASE FORM 2
- SYLLABUS (1st week; syllabi for add'l weeks are similar)
- Course EVALUATION FORM - optional
- PACKING IDEAS
- Pack light site: onebag.com
- "Before you go" list
- CDC TRAVEL HEALTH - Guatemala
- Stacey's Travel Photos with blog and travelogue links
- Academia de Español Antigüeña in Antigua
- Escuela Cooperativa in San Pedro La Laguna, Atitlán
- Heritage Institute/Antioch University Seattle
- Dial-A-Verb with Online Verb Conjugator Link
- Online Translator
- Moon Guatemala on Amazon.com
- Rough Guide Guatemala on Amazon.com
- Langenscheidt Spanish/English Dictionary (my favorite) on Amazon.com
- Paradise in Ashes on Amazon.com
- I, Rigoberta Menchu on Amazon.com
- Culture Smart! Guatemala on Amazon.com (customs and etiquette)
- Addall.com - great used book search engine
- Beca Project (nonprofit)
- Live & Learn in Latin America
More Antigua adventures
Friday morning Rosie and Sam made another run at the Pacaya volcano, having been rained out and chased off the mountain the previous day by lightning - success! (PHOTO 3).
Friday afternoon we visited the nearby village of Jocotenango where there are beautiful museums focusing on Maya music and coffee production (PHOTOS 4, 5, and 6). The village also has a wonderful old cathedral (PHOTO 7).
Friday night a Mexican ranchero band played in the parque central (PHOTO 8). PHOTO 9 is a public washing station and PHOTO 10 shows a 100 pound man with a 200 pound dresser (I’m guessing at the weights). HAPPY TRAILS!